p4c 800 deluxe needs 2 gb

Hi,

I've got a p4c800 deluxe with 1 gb (2 sticks) of dual channel ram
(hynix). Asus manual says that 4 sticks of hynix wont run in dual
channel mode. Is this true?

I need 2 gb of ram now and need to know if I have to start over and buy
2gb of another brand of ram. If this is the case, which ram would you
recommend?

Thanks,

Kandor

Paul

Splendid

In article <1118717650.258736.289880@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
bkandor@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a p4c800 deluxe with 1 gb (2 sticks) of dual channel ram
> (hynix). Asus manual says that 4 sticks of hynix wont run in dual
> channel mode. Is this true?
>
> I need 2 gb of ram now and need to know if I have to start over and buy
> 2gb of another brand of ram. If this is the case, which ram would you
> recommend?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kandor

At the very bottom of this document, is a 1GB DIMM with Hynix
chips (HY5DU12822AT-D43) on it, that apparently works with four
sticks.

http://es.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4c800/P4C800_DDR400_QVL.pdf

Since no one knows how Asus conducts these tests, it is hard
to say whether the QVL has any value at all. I would rather
see a list of brands/models known not to work, than the lists
as they currently stand.

Paul