P4P800-E Deluxe - How do I manually assign a free IRQ to P..

Ie built a HTPC using MCE2005, a 3.4GHZ P4, a P4P800-E Deluxe, a wireless
802.11g PCI card, a USB 2.0 PCI card, two IDE harddrives in a RAID-0
configuration and a TV Tuner card, etc... and for the most part, this HTPC
is rockin!

I had a problem (before).... sometimes the system would lockup when I
played back a previously recorded television show.

So I chaged out some of the components, rearranged which components were
installed in which PCI slots, etc...

The system "seems" fine now, but I have a question, maybe someone can help
with.

My USB 2.0 PCI card in installed in slot #3, my 802.11g PCI card is
installed in slot #4 and my TV tuner is installed in slot #5.

I have disabled many of the systems onboard features. For example, Serial
Port 1 and 2, the Parallel port and the onboard LAN are all disabled.

The P4P800-E Deluxe is handling all of the IRQ assignments...

Can someone tell me how to assign IRQ 3 (from the unused serial port) to PCI
slot #5 (TV tuner card)?

Thanks,
Dale

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

# Devices > # IRQ's.

Device drivers are supposed to share IRQ's because there are simply not
enough IRQ's. If you have evidence it is an IRQ issue (how?) then it is the
device driver that is at fault. The processor doesn't care (other than
priority) what IRQ causes what activity - the driver handles it.

I suggest you run sigverif.exe and check off all devices that are no signed
by MS / Veritest.

Check for driver updates - particularly graphics & run memtest86.

"Dale Frameli" <dframeli@DO-NOT-SPAM-MEaustin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ie built a HTPC using MCE2005, a 3.4GHZ P4, a P4P800-E Deluxe, a wireless
> 802.11g PCI card, a USB 2.0 PCI card, two IDE harddrives in a RAID-0
> configuration and a TV Tuner card, etc... and for the most part, this HTPC
> is rockin!
>
> I had a problem (before).... sometimes the system would lockup when I
> played back a previously recorded television show.
>
> So I chaged out some of the components, rearranged which components were
> installed in which PCI slots, etc...
>
> The system "seems" fine now, but I have a question, maybe someone can help
> with.
>
> My USB 2.0 PCI card in installed in slot #3, my 802.11g PCI card is
> installed in slot #4 and my TV tuner is installed in slot #5.
>
> I have disabled many of the systems onboard features. For example, Serial
> Port 1 and 2, the Parallel port and the onboard LAN are all disabled.
>
> The P4P800-E Deluxe is handling all of the IRQ assignments...
>
> Can someone tell me how to assign IRQ 3 (from the unused serial port) to
> PCI slot #5 (TV tuner card)?
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

TRENDING THREADS