P4P800E Del BIOS 1003beta

Has anyone tried the beta BIOS 1003 for a P4P800E Deluxe, which was
mentioned in an earlier post?
Is it stable/reliable. Ideally what I am getting at is, does it work?

And slightly OT, what is the best order in which to assemble a PC. Last time
I assembled, the board came with the RAM, CPU and Heat sink already
attached, so all I had to do was drop the Mobo into the case and plug
everything in.

Cheers

Rik

rikgale@NOSPAMMESPAMMERSCUMhotail.com wrote:
> Has anyone tried the beta BIOS 1003 for a P4P800E Deluxe, which was
> mentioned in an earlier post?
> Is it stable/reliable. Ideally what I am getting at is, does it work?
>
> And slightly OT, what is the best order in which to assemble a PC. Last time
> I assembled, the board came with the RAM, CPU and Heat sink already
> attached, so all I had to do was drop the Mobo into the case and plug
> everything in.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rik
It is stable/reliable. No probs here.

"Niclaas Grehling" <niclaas.grehling@netcologne.de> wrote in message
> rikgale@NOSPAMMESPAMMERSCUMhotail.com wrote:
>> Has anyone tried the beta BIOS 1003 for a P4P800E Deluxe, which was
>> mentioned in an earlier post?
>> Is it stable/reliable. Ideally what I am getting at is, does it work?
>>
>> And slightly OT, what is the best order in which to assemble a PC. Last
>> time
>> I assembled, the board came with the RAM, CPU and Heat sink already
>> attached, so all I had to do was drop the Mobo into the case and plug
>> everything in.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Rik
> It is stable/reliable. No probs here.

And where is this alleged BIOS available?

What post?

Pete D wrote:
> "Niclaas Grehling" <niclaas.grehling@netcologne.de> wrote in message
>> rikgale@NOSPAMMESPAMMERSCUMhotail.com wrote:

> And where is this alleged BIOS available?

That is unimportant.
Start the AsusUpdate Programm Update.exe.
It will find the new BIOS.

"Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message
> Pete D wrote:
>> "Niclaas Grehling" <niclaas.grehling@netcologne.de> wrote in message
>>> rikgale@NOSPAMMESPAMMERSCUMhotail.com wrote:
>

>> And where is this alleged BIOS available?
>
> That is unimportant.
> Start the AsusUpdate Programm Update.exe.
> It will find the new BIOS.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Have flashed that onto my board, few little
changes but looks okay.

Pete D

<rikgale@NOSPAMMESPAMMERSCUMhotail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried the beta BIOS 1003 for a P4P800E Deluxe, which was
> mentioned in an earlier post?
> Is it stable/reliable. Ideally what I am getting at is, does it work?
>
> And slightly OT, what is the best order in which to assemble a PC. Last
> time
> I assembled, the board came with the RAM, CPU and Heat sink already
> attached, so all I had to do was drop the Mobo into the case and plug
> everything in.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rik

Beta BIOS is good, fixed a little problem that I had with USB, using it with
SP2 on XP, no longer having 1-2 second hesitations when using some programs.
At first boot after flash it come up with bad checksum but after I went into
the BIOS and checked and changed a few settings it worked great.