P4R800vm problem!

I just got a p4r800 and when I try to install XP when it gets to the
entering a name part the keyboard cuts out and wont work. I've tried 3
different XP cds and different keyboard. It happens everytime. The
keyboard works in BIOS.

Can anyone please suggest something to fix this, would appreicate it
very much.

Thank you

If you are using a usb keyboard - try a ps2 keyboard for installation.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:15:47 -0500, "RonK" <I'mhere@home.com> wrote:

>If you are using a usb keyboard - try a ps2 keyboard for installation.
>
>"Nate" <asdf@asfd.com> wrote in message
>>I just got a p4r800 and when I try to install XP when it gets to the
>> entering a name part the keyboard cuts out and wont work. I've tried 3
>> different XP cds and different keyboard. It happens everytime. The
>> keyboard works in BIOS.
>>
>> Can anyone please suggest something to fix this, would appreicate it
>> very much.
>>
>> Thank you

Its a ps2 keyboard.

Well I managed to install XP on, but the keyboard still cuts out
sometimes when it loads up.
I've emailed ASUS and I've gotten no response.

Does anyone think a maybe a wireless keyboard may fix it? I'm just
thinking the dongle might be a way around this problem thanks.

DigitalDragon

Nate Wrote:
> I just got a p4r800 and when I try to install XP when it gets to the
> entering a name part the keyboard cuts out and wont work. I've tried 3
> different XP cds and different keyboard. It happens everytime. The
> keyboard works in BIOS.
>
> Can anyone please suggest something to fix this, would appreicate it
> very much.
>
> Thank you
Just upgrade your bios to version 5 on asus site, this fixes the
problem.

--
digitaldragon