P4T rev.1.06 user manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have searched high and low for a user manual for a Asus P4T rev. 1.06
motherboard. I have some questions that this manual will surely
answer.

My main question at this point is ...

the one and two pin connectors that are used for the power and reset
switches etc. are located in a group that looks like a miniature ide
connection. There is a small opening on one side of the plastic
rectangle surrounding the pins that ensures that a plug can only be
inserted on direction. Is there a cable that is supposed to plug in
here? I haven't been able to find one. A friend bought this board and
it came oem with absolutely nothing other than the board.
Thanks for your time!

degroffa@gmail.com wrote:
> I have searched high and low for a user manual for a Asus P4T rev. 1.06
> motherboard. I have some questions that this manual will surely
> answer.
>
> My main question at this point is ...
>
> the one and two pin connectors that are used for the power and reset
> switches etc. are located in a group that looks like a miniature ide
> connection. There is a small opening on one side of the plastic
> rectangle surrounding the pins that ensures that a plug can only be
> inserted on direction. Is there a cable that is supposed to plug in
> here? I haven't been able to find one. A friend bought this board and
> it came oem with absolutely nothing other than the board.
> Thanks for your time!

The manual's on the Asus web site. However, it doesn't look like a
normal P4T should have a front panel controls connector that looks like
that with a plastic enclosure around the pins, just the normal exposed
group of pins. Are you sure this isn't a custom version of the board
made for some computer maker or something?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

This isn't a "stock" P4T. I've had and used P4T's, and they normally
have "normal" front panel connection pins. You have some non-standard
OEM version.