P5AD2 Premium IDE Problems

I purchased an ASUS P5AD2 Premium Motherboard with a new P4 3.2 CPU.
I tried to assemple my system yesterday, however the motherboard can
not find my hard drives.
I have connected my CD-ROM and DVD-ROM through the primary IDE port
right next to the Floppy IDE, and since this motherboard has two more
IDE ports, I connected my hard drives (I Have 2) to the the other one,
using cable select.
however when I tried to install Windows XP on the system, I recieved a
message that says:"No hard disk found on the system."
I am guessing that for some reason either both of the other IDE ports
are bad or there has to be a setting that needs to be changhed.
I was also wondering that maybe the RAID setting is what is causing it,
but aftrer reading the user manual, I found out that all the ports are
set to IDE by defualt.

Can some one tell me what is wrong here?

"Babak" <betesami@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I purchased an ASUS P5AD2 Premium Motherboard with a new P4 3.2 CPU.
> I tried to assemple my system yesterday, however the motherboard can
> not find my hard drives.
> I have connected my CD-ROM and DVD-ROM through the primary IDE port
> right next to the Floppy IDE, and since this motherboard has two more
> IDE ports, I connected my hard drives (I Have 2) to the the other one,
> using cable select.
> however when I tried to install Windows XP on the system, I recieved a
> message that says:"No hard disk found on the system."
> I am guessing that for some reason either both of the other IDE ports
> are bad or there has to be a setting that needs to be changhed.
> I was also wondering that maybe the RAID setting is what is causing it,
> but aftrer reading the user manual, I found out that all the ports are
> set to IDE by defualt.
>
> Can some one tell me what is wrong here?

May I suggest that you use 1 drive and make it a single, and then check if
bios see's it, then windows should have no problem.. I have same board
(deluxe) and had no problems with drive detection.