P5B Deluxe and OCZ 1066 RAM

joex444

Distinguished
Is anyone out here running the P5B Deluxe with OCZ's 1066MHz "SLI" RAM dual channel?

I have this RAM (2x1GB) and a different board which doesn't like the RAM. If I can't get the board I have (DQ6 Rev 3.3) to work with this RAM then I'll end up returning it for the P5B Deluxe, most likely. So, I wanted to know if anyone has tried this combination and can tell me if it worked out well.

Also of interest, since the OCZ runs with Micron D9MGH chips, if you know your RAM has these chips and are using the P5B Deluxe, I'd like to hear about that.

Finally, what difference are there between the P5B Deluxe and the Wifi version, in terms of overclocking, stability, cooling. I have an E4300, so I don't expect to hit 400MHz bus with the 9x multiplier since that would give me 3.6GHz which on air is a stretch.

ntloser

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
I am using this ram with the ASUS P5B Deluxe WIFI. It works fine. I hardly use the ram to its full capacity as I don't overclock at all. I planned on over clocking but never got around to it. I think I am over that now... wish i had know before I spent hella cash on that ram.