P5B Deluxe WiFi/E6600 memory help please

fastin

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Putting together a P5B Deluxe/WiFi C2D E6600 build, and looking to overclock to a stable 3.4ghz. My last concern is the memory, is there any brands I should stay away from or that have had known issues with the Asus P5B? Looking at purchasing 2x 1GB sticks, and could use some advice.

I probably wont overclock the PC for a couple months, so it would be nice to be able to buy some ram that I can toss in this system that will boot without needing to change any settings etc. Price isn't that much of an issue as Im way under my budget atm. Also, does the memory timings matter alot, if so any help there would be nice.

Thanks.

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
Putting together a P5B Deluxe/WiFi C2D E6600 build, and looking to overclock to a stable 3.4ghz. My last concern is the memory, is there any brands I should stay away from or that have had known issues with the Asus P5B? Looking at purchasing 2x 1GB sticks, and could use some advice.

I probably wont overclock the PC for a couple months, so it would be nice to be able to buy some ram that I can toss in this system that will boot without needing to change any settings etc. Price isn't that much of an issue as Im way under my budget atm. Also, does the memory timings matter alot, if so any help there would be nice.

Thanks.

I have these in my P5B Deluxe. Running at 1000 mhz currently. Very highly rated. There is a lot of good RAM that works great in the P5B series, but these are tremendous. Should Post up with no problems and leave you a fair amount of headroom to overclock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065