P5k gskill problem

ptisler

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Ok asus and gskill are a joke to get a hold of so I come here. I have a p5k board. I just got DDR2 PC6400 2x2GB. When I run WoW my comp freezes and I have to hit restart on my case. I have changed the timing in the bios the voltage the command rate and the mhz. It still freezes. My old ram works fine and this ram works fine unless I try and run Wow(old ram ran wow fine). Any suggestions?

ptisler

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
aford thx for actually trying to help since dark thinks I'm a retard or he is just better than others. The ram is compatible according to gskill's list. Since this is an older board asus hasn't updated their list. Memtest4.0 passes both sticks. My old ram which is OCZ reaper PC2 6400 worked fine for years, but it is only 2x1gb sticks. The new ram is also PC2 6400 same mhz. Only difference is the timing on the ram. I already rma'd a set of the same ram to newegg because of the same problem hoping it was just the ram. Doesn't seem to be the case. Any other suggestions or should I just rma this and go back to OCZ?

ptisler

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Well aford that didn't work so I'm just gonna RMA this ram and go back to OCZ. Oh I forgot, I wanted to thank Dark for being such a big help with everything. Its just amazing how much knowledge came from him. I so hope he helps so many more. Next time maybe he will try and say something constructive instead of just trying(and succeeding) at being a douche.

ptisler

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Oh and good luck trying to talk to gskill. They wouldn't let me post a question to them for days, but they let a person send me a virus via instant message posing as one of their admins. Just fail ram from a fail company.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

Well my friend, before starting accusing somebody maybe you should read my response better:

"Except for the fact that you are doing something wrong, have you considered the fact of incompatibility (check your mobo's manufacturer website) or even defective memory modules?
"

I did not mean that YOU ARE doing something wrong, but "maybe you are doing" something wrong, so you can check your settings. You immediately mistook it as a personal attack? Jesus!

And yes i did help.. read the last part where i say "defective memory modules" and you ended up sending them back anyway. Yes it is amazing how much knowledge came from me...

Next time take your time and read slowwwly before you start swearing at people.

ptisler

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I had rma'd 2 sticks before this set. I love how I was swearing at someone. LOL You just like to hear yourself talk it seems. You were no help and I stand by my response. I also love how I was swearing but you could use Jesus. Seems like the pot calling the kettle.

ptisler

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
You seem like the extremely obese nerd who plays the sims like game in gamer. Stuffing whole pancakes down through your 30 chins. Your the one who seemed like a 5 year momma's boy crying that someone swore at you. Here is a tip. Get out of your parents basement and go look at the sun. If you can make it up the stairs that is.