romain_nz

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Hi guys,

I have a p5ld2 mobo with a core2Duo and it started behaving strangely lately, basicaly shutting down cpu activity for 10-15 seconds from time to time, more often as it gets hoter.

I checked the cpu temps and they are all good, but both speedFan and pcProbe give me a mb temp ( or system temp ) of 52 degrees and both tell me that it's way too high. Now where is that temp read and what can I do about it ? There's no other fan than the cpu one so what could cause it to overheat ? Is the board faulty ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RJ

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
Hi guys,

I have a p5ld2 mobo with a core2Duo and it started behaving strangely lately, basicaly shutting down cpu activity for 10-15 seconds from time to time, more often as it gets hoter.

I checked the cpu temps and they are all good, but both speedFan and pcProbe give me a mb temp ( or system temp ) of 52 degrees and both tell me that it's way too high. Now where is that temp read and what can I do about it ? There's no other fan than the cpu one so what could cause it to overheat ? Is the board faulty ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you have anything over the northbridge heatsink? Is is still attached? Sounds like you need better ventilation near the northbridge. Are you overclocked? What's the MCH voltage set at?

drodriguez64

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

I have a very similar problem. The fan on my video card speeds up, and it gets very hot, then turns the system off. I replaced the video card and it still does the same thing. Did you find a fix?
otro.venezolano@gmail.com
Thanks,
Dan