Question P5Q Deluxe and new SSD

Crash0ng

Honorable
Dec 15, 2014
Hi all,

Upgrading my daughter's old PC. It's an Asus P5Q Deluxe with Q6600 CPU and 12gb of RAM.

Have purchased a Crucial BX500 1TB SSD to replace the old drive (IDE), clean install of Windows.

Installed the drive but the PC keeps restarting when I try to load Windows disc. The front LED panel has the harddrive light in red so there is obviously a config problem.

The old optical drive is in the mobo's primary (blue) IDE slot and the SSD is in Sata1, I have the boot priority set to the optical drive to load the disc. Is there a different config I should be using?

Thanks in advance.

Crash0ng

Honorable
Dec 15, 2014
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Tried your suggestion with both drives disconnected. Seems to be going from bad to worse!
PC powers on for a few seconds then dies. Tries to restart and dies. Actually went into Bios at one point but then died. Have tried all the connections and all seems fine. All fans spinning, GPU spinning. Nothing fried and PSU seems to be working.

Last edited:
Tried your suggestion with both drives disconnected. Seems to be going from bad to worse!
PC powers on for a few seconds then dies. Tries to restart and dies. Actually went into Bios at one point but then died. Have tried all the connections and all seems fine. All fans spinning, GPU spinning. Nothing fried and PSU seems to be working.
That sounds to me like a power supply problem. What is the name of your PSU?

Reactions: Crash0ng
It’s an OCZ GSX850
Is it possible you misspelled your reply, i can't find any information on that name. Is your PSU actually the OCZ GameXStream 850 Watt (OCZGXS850)?

PSU5.jpg

TRENDING THREADS