KOne

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2004
can anyone tell me what this means? after flasing my bios with 1407 on reboot i got a screen that said cmos bad. also when i try to go into hardware monitor my bios seems to freeze and i have to reboot. this is after making changes to the fan controls in the bios, on default settings i have no issue with going into hardware monitor.

crichards

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Not sure about the first bit (and if it was so bad, I fail to see how you could then get into the hardware monitor) but the hardware monitor always seems to 'freeze'. I doesn't really though - it can just take bloody ages (many minutes) to actually appear.

the hardware monitor seems to do this on first boots...and after a bios flash....then it goes back to normal....gone are the days of bug free boards..

try to over clock and then restart the computer....it will shut off.....then come back on a few seconds later....

EDIT(forgot this)
Ohh and the bad cmos(checksum thingy) thing was cause it was flashed to defaults(and i do not think it has a checksum then/yet)....make sure you go in and reset everything the way you want it....and good to go...

KOne

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2004
i guess i'm just impatient, but at default setting it goes right into hardware monitor. i have three fans connected to the motherboard i'm going to disconnect them and see if it makes a difference in boot time. before i connected the extra case fans boot tome was normal.

KOne

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2004
guess i'm just impatient, but at default setting it goes right into hardware monitor. i have three fans connected to the motherboard i'm going to disconnect them and see if it makes a difference in boot time. before i connected the extra case fans boot tome was normal.

Not sure about the first bit (and if it was so bad, I fail to see how you could then get into the hardware monitor) but the hardware monitor always seems to 'freeze'. I doesn't really though - it can just take bloody ages (many minutes) to actually appear.

yep the problem was the 3 fans connected to the motherboard. i disconnected them and everything is back to normal. no more hardware monitor issues, and boot time is back to normal.