p5w dh deluxe mobo on board audio gone?

knuckles0810

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
My computer was a bit twitchy quitting windows xp Saturday night (which is unusual). I hard reset and then shut down. Next day when I turned on, my audio was out. Nothing through speakers or headphones, both of which worked the day before. I can't think of any diagnostics to run or any way to figure out how to get it back. Ideas? or go buy a sound card and call it a day?
_________
P5W DH Deluxe; e6600; x1900xtx; 2g a-data ddr2 667; spinpoint p120

Check your device manager to make sure everything is in order. Try to reinstall the drivers. Reset your BIOS to factory defaults. Take your pick and try it. Just a dump question but maybe it's muted. Did you try multiple apps? I had an issue with my media player the other night where it wouldnt play sound but everything else was fine.

knuckles0810

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
Jay2tall -
I'm such an a** You were absolutely right! I fell victim to the oldest trick in the book - letting your brother use your computer. He muted it on the control panel and, since I have a big mute button that sits on the desk, it never occured to me to check the control panel! Ugh, I was sending evil vibrations to Asus all week too. So - thanks for the good advice.