Streetz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I'm starting to get very tired of this, and this motherboard is about to get thrown out the window. I have already RMAed it twice.

Ok, so the new one arrived today. Hooked everything up, plugged everything in, made sure all the jumpers are where they should be. I push the power button all the fans turn on, I hear the hard drive start to spin, and that's it. No beeps, post, or video. The CD-ROM drives also don't turn on.

I have taken one RAM out, no change. Tried the other stick, no change. I have gone over the connections over and over. I have ran into this problem with the last one I had too. I'm hoping it's the BIOS and not the CPU, but I have no way of testing the CPU, and don't have a spare that is compatable.

Here's the build:
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Intel C2D E6600
Corsair XMS2 2x1GB

I'm starting to lose my mind and don't know what to do. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

bazza

Distinguished
May 9, 2004
try changing the PSU?

i'd would go for a 500W+ with your setup, and go for a good brand

i had a few troubles with this mobo + antec HE500 but cant remember

gqmracerx7

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Hunh. I don't have much help but I'm having the same problem. Here is some info at the bottom of the thread. I'm using different hardware (P5B Deluxe, E6400, new Cooler Master 550 psu) but I am using the same RAM as you... Are you using Corsair CM2X1024-6400Pro's? I wonder if there is anywhere local where the RAM could be tested...

Streetz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Thanks for the reply, but I've come to the conclusion that the CPU is dead. I have to call Intel today and see if they'll replace it.

I disconnected everything even the ram, except for the switches for the case and the case speaker. Then reseated the CPU, turned it on and still didn't POST which means either the motherboard or CPU is dead. Since it's a "brand new" motherboard I assume CPU.

So my next step is calling Intel today.

To answer your questions:
When I power up without RAM, same thing happens. No POST/beeps. For RAM. No I don't have that RAM, I just went with "CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin".

To the first reply, I forgot to mention that I did test the PSU, and it works fine. Also it's an Antec TruepowerII 550W.