P5WD2 + 3.2 ghz 840 dual core, second core only runs at 2...

Just working on this new P5WD2 and the 3.2 ghz dual core 840 I noticed
with some benchmarking that the second core seemed slower. After some
further investigation I confirmed that the second core under 100% load
only runs at 2.8 ghz. I dunno if this a a MB issue or if something is
wrong with the processor. Any one have an experience with this? Also, so
we're clear with what's going on, the first core under no load runs at
2.8 ghz as well with the current bios settings. If I disable all the cpu
power saving options in bios the first core then runs at 3.2 ghz all the
time and the second still remains at 2.8 ghz.

I've got an 830 dual processor at 3G and not noticed a problem (but not sure
how to test for this)

You do need to set your windows power management settings to laptop for
windows to be able to properly use the full power management features of
these processors though so you could check that.
"doug" <NOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Just working on this new P5WD2 and the 3.2 ghz dual core 840 I noticed
> with some benchmarking that the second core seemed slower. After some
> further investigation I confirmed that the second core under 100% load
> only runs at 2.8 ghz. I dunno if this a a MB issue or if something is
> wrong with the processor. Any one have an experience with this? Also, so
> we're clear with what's going on, the first core under no load runs at 2.8
> ghz as well with the current bios settings. If I disable all the cpu power
> saving options in bios the first core then runs at 3.2 ghz all the time
> and the second still remains at 2.8 ghz.

Bios settings alow the processor to run at 2.8 ghz when there is no load
and this is working. Only problem is the second core stays at 2.8 ghz
all the time, no matter if it's 100% loaded. I've been using CPUZ to
tell me what mhz each core is running at.