P67 G45 (B3) MSI mobo, BSOD

notter

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello all,

I've been running this board (MSI P67 G45 (B3) for about 3 months since I purchased with few problems (my Corsair H50 won't power through CPU fan plug, I got intel's stock heat sink working through other fan plugs) until now.

Yesterday, (for the first time) I tried using Live update to update my drivers, and first few driver update went through smoothly (one was for antec sounds, the other was Intel INF; something about turbo boost monitor and one more but can't quite recall exactly what it was), and procedded to install the the recomended BIOS update (I lacked clairvoyance to have a back up/record of my previous bios or set a restore point) and It seemed to had installed correctly. However, on the following restart and since the BIOS update my computer won't boot up (BSOD). I have since then tried to reset my CMOS by shorting the 2-3 pin on JBOD1, as per the MOBO manual but that hasn't alleviated any of the problems.

Later on tonight, I plan to boot my system with one stick of ram, instead of 1 & 3 channel 2 (2gb each) set up I have atm. If that fails, I have no clue on how to go about fixing this problem, and I reallllly don't want to have to reformat my HD, as I mentioned earlier I've been lacking on my back-ups.

My rig: Windows 7 32bit, I3 2100 at 3.3, GTX 560Ti, corsair vengance 2X2 (4Gb) ram, antec 750W PSU, samsung 250gb HD. (Edit: I am not next to my PC atm, but I will update to more accurate information ASAP.)
Current BIOS version following CMOS reset: E7673IMS V1.14.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

jaxplanet

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
The board's default disk controller is set to IDE mode and will change back to IDE if you update the BIOS.
If you installed Windows in AHCI mode you will get a BSOD after BIOS update.
Go into the board setup and change the controller back to AHCI.

I hope this helps. Good luck!