P6T Crossfire Bridge Won't Fit On HD4830 (see jpeg)

esox

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Is there supposed to be a standard or something for crossfire bridge connectors. The one that came with the P6T is too narrow to fit over the crossfire tabs on the HD4830. Tab A and B are both the same width.
crap1.jpg

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I noticed you have 13 pins in your adapter. I have an adapter that is too big that came with my asus board so when I get home I will check to see if mine won't fit on yours and then maybe we can make a trade b/c I need a smaller one. :)

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Yeah I think you have like 21 pins or something like that. I am pretty certain I have what you need and you have what I need. Did you ever get the right one? I am still not at home so I will double check when I get back and let you know for sure. If you would rather buy it yourself you can get it for like $10 although I would rather trade b/c I need a small one. You can buy it here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999008

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Is it an SLI bridge? Did Asus try some magic to make them the "same?" Crossfire bridges tend to come with the cards, SLI with the MB.. no idea why. They look pretty much the same nowadays.

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

Mine came with the motherboard. The Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi-AP Motherboard. The GPU I just bought two of (ASUS EN9600GT/HTDI/512M ) didn't have one and the one that was with the MB is too big. If I knew where to find the right one I would just buy it. :)

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
SLi bridge is smaller than crossfire. I am sure it is an sli bridge as p6t comes with an sli bridge. Does it say crossfire on the bridge?

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Ok, that is what I figured. Thanks for the response daedalus685.

Chef7734 the link you posted is the bridge I currently have that came with my MB and that does not fit b/c it is a crossfire bridge and like daedalus685 said I need a SLI bridge. If you were posting that for Esox than never mind. But that is what I was trying to tell him is we should just trade off since that is what I need and I have what he needs but I guess he forgot about this thread so I will just buy one I guess.

Thanks again for the help guys/gals. :)

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

I was posting for the op.

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Crossfire bridges come with the cards because they are almost always flexible, while SLI bridges are not so they come with the motherboard.

That is not true. The last two boards I got (both ASUS) both came with a crossfire bridge. If it came with a SLI bridge I wouldn't have this problem. My super expensive GPU's came with nothing. Which is really crazy, considering what they cost I shouldn't have to go out and spend $15 getting a flexible (and very long) one shipped from Taiwan. :fou:

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Thats because if you do not have x58 it does not support both crossfire and sli. the boards you purchase are only crossfire. If you would have purchased a sli board it would have come with a sli bridge.

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Thats because if you do not have x58 it does not support both crossfire and sli. the boards you purchase are only crossfire. If you would have purchased a sli board it would have come with a sli bridge.

So my MB does not support it but it will still work with my GPU's right? I mean the GPU's work fine now but they are not bridged. So once I bridge them using SLI I won't have a problem will I?

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
No. You can not use sli on a motherboard that does not support it. Everything besides the x58 requires a nvidia chip on the board to sli. You wasted your money on 2 nvidia cards if you want sli on those motherboards because it is not going to happen.

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I wouldn't say wasted my money. I now have a 4TB system mirrored and striped, 2 awesome GPU's, 8gig's of RAM, and the AMD Phenom Black QuadCore CPU, which gives me my 5.9 MS rating, and it's all wired up to my network which connects my HTPC, laptops, and printer. :sol: So let's just say I am out of luck on the crossfire part. I will just throw both of them in my HTPC and get new ones for my main PC. :) Thanks for info.

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
But you are not using both gpu's unless you have 3+ monitors. Your monitors are not scaling anything since you can not run sli. I did not say you wasted your money on the whole system I just said you wasted your money the 2 nvidia cards. you could have purchased 2 4850's or 4870's and crossfired them and would have been much better performance.

kasperink

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I will be sure to do that when I replace these. Thank you.

And yes I am using both right now. I have 4 monitors connected to it as we speak. However I actually have ran into some issues with the computer's display not coming back on when I put it to sleep ever since I added the second GPU. So now I have to shut it down each time. Well I used to, Windows 7 fixed that. :)

chjade84

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
I have the opposite problem... Since I got Windows 7 one of my monitors does not come back on.

GTX260
and
96-something

The GTX powers my 1920x1080 monitor and also goes to my receiver which then goes to my 1920x1080 tv. the other card just powers a crappy Dell 17" 1280x1024.

They all run fine together until I turn off the receiver. All three monitors go blank for 5 sec then the Dell comes on as the main monitor and the other two stay off, which the TV should. To turn my main monitor back on I have to go to screen resolution and just reposition the one monitor that is detected and it immediately detects the other. Just click OK and it's all good. Turn on the receiver and the TV shows up on its own.

Weird.