P8P67 Deluxe support

nutfriend

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I have a P8P67 Deluxe and bought 2x 2g kingston (KVR1333N9/2G) can i add 2x 4g kingston (KVR1333N9/4G)? Obviously this would total 4 sticks all together and 12g ram. Would it function properly given i put the sticks in the correct dual channel slots? Is it even supported? If you need more info please ask, new to forum usage.

Solution
First, if they had different Frequencies or CAS Timings or worst Voltage then I'd say no immediately. Next, if you choose different brands that had different IC's then again I'd say no or simply find the comparable new RAM to old RAM. Ditto no if they weren't 'matched sets.'

None of that was the case, so I said 'Yes' with the caveat of proper installation:
CPU | 1GB | 2GB | 1GB | 2GB |

nutfriend

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
that answers my question of whether or not those are able to work together but now i want to know what factors take place that allows them to work together not just simply the answer of yes they will. Is it involving the timing or the voltages? or brand? what drew you to the conclusion that they would work together. aside from experience.

First, if they had different Frequencies or CAS Timings or worst Voltage then I'd say no immediately. Next, if you choose different brands that had different IC's then again I'd say no or simply find the comparable new RAM to old RAM. Ditto no if they weren't 'matched sets.'

None of that was the case, so I said 'Yes' with the caveat of proper installation:
CPU | 1GB | 2GB | 1GB | 2GB |

Solution