[SOLVED] P8Z68-V PRO + Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor - Ram upgrade

Mar 21, 2020
Hi,

I have both the intel processor on title and the motherboard. I use it with 8 gb ram (4x2), but both motherboard and processor support 32 gb.

I would like to upgrade to 32 gb, both when i look at the site pages of the 2 components i see that in the asus it has 4 ram slots, but in the intel site the memory channels mentioned are 2.

Does that mean that if i want 32 gb, i would have to buy 16 x2? instead of 8x4?

And also does all of the ram ddr3 memories in the market work for this components that i have or do i have to buy some older ram memory?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
4 slots, 2 slots per channel (A & B).
4x 8GB should work.

Go to the Crucial site to see what might be recommended for your particular board.

You don't have to buy Crucial, but to give you an idea of the speeds and voltages allowed.
Mar 21, 2020
4 slots, 2 slots per channel (A & B).
4x 8GB should work.

Go to the Crucial site to see what might be recommended for your particular board.

You don't have to buy Crucial, but to give you an idea of the speeds and voltages allowed.
Thanks :) it gave some ideas. The ones i have are some kingstons pc3 10700, 1,5 volts.

the site cruycial gave me some ideas, but now i will search for some other brand.

What i am afraid is that the insert part of the memory stick isnt compatible :S, would that be possible?
Or all the memory sticks in the market have the same standard insert part?

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks :) it gave some ideas. The ones i have are some kingstons pc3 10700, 1,5 volts.

the site cruycial gave me some ideas, but now i will search for some other brand.

What i am afraid is that the insert part of the memory stick isnt compatible :S, would that be possible?
Or all the memory sticks in the market have the same standard insert part?
DDR2 == DDR2.
DDR3 == DDR3.
DDR4 == DDR4.

Buy the right ones, it will physically fit.

Reactions: Tiago Diniz