P8Z77-V DELUXE error code 55 after BIOS Update

maitrikgpanchal

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Hi,

My system configuration is like this.
PROC: Intel Core i7 3770K
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)(4 x 4 GB)
SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX Series 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (CSSD-N120GBGTX-BK)

When I updated BIOS of my MOBO for the first time, I did it through BIOS exe while running it from Windows 7 x64.
At that time the process stopped half the way and system stopped working so I rebooted it and BIOS was the same which was before installation stuck.
Then I updated the BIOS through BIOS flashback utility in BIOS screen.
But when BIOS updated successfully and I restart my system, it does not boot.
My MOBO LED gives error code 55 which means in manual "Memory Not Installed" and DRAM_LED gets continuously turned on RED.
But memory is there always I never removed it.
Then I have to press MemOK button and then DRAM_LED starts blinking and it tries to adjust the memory frequency.
I have to repeat this things 2 or 3 times then my system boots with memory configured to 1066 MHz.
Then I have re configure whole BIOS to my custom settings.
I am facing this issue since last 4 BIOS updates.
Except this problem I am not facing any other issues with hardware.
Once I reconfigure everything, things go back to normal.

I read somewhere that if you update BIOS through windows you might break your MOBO is something goes wrong.
I dont know what does that actually mean, "Breaking the MOBO" but I guess there is something wrong here.

Solution
As single sticks, XMP won't work, the programming is done via the package i.e. for a single stick or 2 or three, etc, so it's up to either the BIOS or you to make sure all is good... to that end would set the freq, timings and CR manually (1600, 9-9-9-24, 2T), and set the DRAM voltage to 1.55, the CPUVTT voltage to 1.12, this should ensure DRAM is running correctly and may well eliminate other problems
If yOur running the newest bios and have xmp profile turned on and your rig having ram issue. Check that your ram is 1.5 v if it 1.6 or 1.65 ram you have to bump the dram voltage. Also check with asus if that ram is qal for all four slots. Some ram act crazy on some mb when you fill all the ram banks. If the system post fine with two sticks see if the ram vendor will do a cross ship for a kit with two eight gig dimm kits.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Was the DRAM bough as single sticks? It's a single stick model#, if so have to be set up manually as XMP won't work, the programming is done by the package of sticks and advance timings will vary from 1 stick (i.e. tRFC78), 2 sticks 128, on up to 4 sticks maybe 208

maitrikgpanchal

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

@smorizio

My rig is not having any RAM issues during all other tasks. I ran prime95, memtest, etc and everything runs fine.
And I have not turned on XMP profile in BIOS, it's on auto mode. (Just wondering that do I have to turn it on for better performance and all?)
My RAM voltage is also set on auto which indicates 1.50 when I check in the BIOS.
But whenever I update my BIOS, it gets updated properly but when the system reboots, it stops detecting the RAM and my MOBO indicated error code "Memory Not installed".
RAM is qualified with for this MOBO, I've checked the manual for that.
And one more thing that RAM vendor won't do a cross ship for two 8 gig dimm sticks.

@Tradesman1
I bought all 4 mem individually, not as a kit.
I didn't get you on that advanced timing thing.
I mean do I have to set XMP profile manually or should I just leave it on auto?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
As single sticks, XMP won't work, the programming is done via the package i.e. for a single stick or 2 or three, etc, so it's up to either the BIOS or you to make sure all is good... to that end would set the freq, timings and CR manually (1600, 9-9-9-24, 2T), and set the DRAM voltage to 1.55, the CPUVTT voltage to 1.12, this should ensure DRAM is running correctly and may well eliminate other problems

Solution

maitrikgpanchal

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

Okay, I've done the settings and things seem fine now with the same BIOS update.
But I'll post once the new BIOS ver comes up and I update it and if things works fine.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Before updating, jot down these current settings, even with the new BIOS, XMP still won't work so will still be on manual...however, you might be able to lower the MC voltage a hair...Glad all is good, have fun...May want to go ahead and select a Best Answer and close the thread out