G

Will a k6-III+ (I stress the +) Chip work in an FIC PA-2013 Reversion 2.1 mainboard? thanks.

G

Well, I'm really not familiar with either the K6III+ or FIC motherboards, but I'd suggest looking at the FIC motherboard page, and in particular, the PA-2013 motherboard. Since I figure you've probably already done this, check places like Tom's Hardware, HardOCP.com, Anandtech.com

Sorry couldn't be much help

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had this board about a year ago. I trashed it. I couldn't get anything to work on it.
K6-2
K6-III
USB
Sound Card
Hard drive with UDMA enabled.
None of these things worked for me. This board is the reason I will never buy anything from FIC again.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had that board too. It sucked. If I remember correctly, the PA-2013 doesn't support K6-3, which is one of the reasons I got rid of it.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

G

I saw that Tom didn't approve of this board too much either, But so far I gotten Soundcards, UDMA hard drives (33M/s) and both a voodoo blaster Banshee, and a Viper V770D Ultra Video card to work on it. I have had problems with the bus settings of 112, and 124 though. Another problem was the board never getting through the windows startup, and resetting before the login screen. It was on windows 98SE, but I think that was due to a bad overlay install. The FIC site says that K6-IIIs work on revision 2.1, however I was planning on using a K6-III+ which uses a 2.0 core voltage, but a 3.3 I/O voltage, I didn't know if this board supported it. Thanks for the help though. I might go look for a new board.