Pac Man Repair?

Hello everyone, I am new to videos and was told to check this place out
for technical stuff. I recently bought my first machine, a Pac Man. While
playing I noticed the ghosts and the pac man guy were off color so I opened
up the cabinet and looked at the motherboard. I noticed there was a missing
chip on the board and alot of work on it. I flipped over the board and also
noticed quite a bit of solder work. The work was very spotty and in my
opinion not very well done. (I work in a stereo repair shop and have to do
solder work all the time). Does anyone know a Robert Bullock? The board
was listed as repaired by him. I would like to get ahold of him to see if
he could re-fix this board. Thanks for any help.

Pretty sure he posts here. You can get you board repaired lots of places.
Here's one: www.mikesarcade.com

Brent
"news.central.cox.net" <bitboy@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone, I am new to videos and was told to check this place
out
> for technical stuff. I recently bought my first machine, a Pac Man.
While
> playing I noticed the ghosts and the pac man guy were off color so I
opened
> up the cabinet and looked at the motherboard. I noticed there was a
missing
> chip on the board and alot of work on it. I flipped over the board and
also
> noticed quite a bit of solder work. The work was very spotty and in my
> opinion not very well done. (I work in a stereo repair shop and have to do
> solder work all the time). Does anyone know a Robert Bullock? The board
> was listed as repaired by him. I would like to get ahold of him to see if
> he could re-fix this board. Thanks for any help.

If there was a chip missing, then it probably wasn't done by me. :) I'm
fairly certain I don't send boards out with missing chips.

Also, I do pretty good solder work, so I doubt that's mine. I use a Pace
temp controlled iron, a needle type tip, and silver bearing .022 or .015
solder with clear flux.

I HAVE worked on some boards that have been charred by previous folks and I
clean those up as best I can. But yeesh, some folks should be working
digging ditches instead of boards.

You can email me at rcbullock '*at*' cox.net. Your return address doesn't
exist anymore since @home went out of business a few years back.

Lastly, if you got this Pac where I think you got it, I sincerely regret to
inform you that the quality of the board reinstallation may not have been
par, depending on whodunnit.

Email me and we'll figure this out.