Question Package TDP is less and power limit throttling[ASUS FX504]

Oct 28, 2019
I have Asus TUF FX504GD(i5-8300H, GTX 1050, 8GB RAM). Recently, I wanted to monitor my CPU and installed XTU and Undervolted it to prevent thermal throttling. I noticed that there was this specific Power limit throttling which was happening whenever I stress tested and reduced my clock speed to 2.7-2.8Ghz(Its supposed to go to 4Ghz). I read about it and tried to fix it. It seems that my package TDP is too low(15W on battery power and 25W when charging). Apparently, I quite soon noticed that my CPU Package TDP was limited to 40W(Then too I got only 25W). Then I noticed this quite weird thing during multiple stress-tests that whenever my battery is full and power supply is connected, I get 25W no matter what. When the battery is "charging"(in power supply), I get 40W. When I get 40W, there is no power limit throttling and my clock speeds hit 3.8GHz and is stable. I have checked my BIOS and there is no setting regarding Overclocking. I can't change the limit of Package TDP and I am quite new to this topic. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in Advance,
Adithya

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS