Question Packard Bell dot s stuck on windows logo, hdd is not corrupted

jozinovitko

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
Hey! I have a weird problem I am battling for few hours. When I start my packard bell laptop and boot bios everything seems normal, but when I proceed to windows loading phase after like 3seconds laptop freezes. Windows recovery freezes too. Can´t access safemode either. I have read a lot of articles but they are all talking about HDD issues. HDD is allright, i have put it in 2 other laptops and everything works normally. I have tried even win 10 and win xp, it has the same issue on the boot logo. I think it can be some hardware issue. Thanks for your help and ideas.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're able to get into BIOS, check and see which BISO version you're on at the moment. While there, see what your ram is. If you're running two sticks of ram, remove one and see if the problem persists. Are you sure that the drive works on another laptop by being the boot drive? If it's seen/used just as a storage drive then it's highly possible that the drive/partition that the OS is on is either corrupt or is faulty.

If the laptop boots to GUI with the ram tweaking(removal of one stock or replacement of both) then the issue was your ram.

Speaking of laptops, model for your Packard Bell laptop?

jozinovitko

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
HDD was boot drive both times when I tried it on other laptops, I am sure it isn´t the problem. My laptop is Packard Bell Dot SE-245CZ. I have only one 1GB RAM, but I can try replacing it with other working RAM if it helps. My BIOS version is V1.15

jozinovitko

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
If you're able to get into BIOS, check and see which BISO version you're on at the moment. While there, see what your ram is. If you're running two sticks of ram, remove one and see if the problem persists. Are you sure that the drive works on another laptop by being the boot drive? If it's seen/used just as a storage drive then it's highly possible that the drive/partition that the OS is on is either corrupt or is faulty.

If the laptop boots to GUI with the ram tweaking(removal of one stock or replacement of both) then the issue was your ram.

Speaking of laptops, model for your Packard Bell laptop?
I tried replacing RAM with other working 2GB DDR3 RAM and nothing changed.

jozinovitko

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
I removed every single part and cable except display, CPU, RAM and MB and it started working. I started connecting everything one step a time and when I connected network card it stopped working again...It seems like network card was the issue, very weird.