Packard bell easynote te11hc upgrade...?

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. One person ask me, maybe there is chance to upgrade this notebook. It comes with 4 gb ram, 5400 rpm hdd, and celeron 1000m cpu. So it's worth to add extra 4 gb ram, and ssd? What windows runs best with this machine - 7/8 or 10? Also how to know that cpu is soldered in motherboard, or not? Don't wanna waste my time and disassemble it. Cpu z shows it's 988b rpga socket with hm70 chipset. Hwinfo shows by cpu code name: ivy bridge-mb bga sv Thanks for advice.

Don't bother. 6 year old laptop with a 2C/2T CPU....I can't imagine the keyboard/screen are enjoyable to use either. Battery life?

In the USA, a new $300 laptop runs circles around this thing.

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Yeah, I know that, but maybe clean windows install helps a bit? Cause it's still from factory. Person use that pc very rare, gmail, web browsing, some web videos, movies and wanna save some time with that old machine and $.

Well, in that case, it all depends on cost. If you can find some DDR3 (or DDR3L, whatever it uses) SODIMMs for dirt cheap, go for it. Check the max supported RAM for that machine before you do though. An SSD can be reused in another machine later.