packardbell restore

Joe

Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the recovery
diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I assume it
trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.

Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?

thanks
joe

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

you need to contact Packard Bell and get a set of Master CD.s unless you
made a set before your hard drive packed in
The original Master CDs were in a hidden partition on your old drive

Phil

"joe" <joetex2002@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
> drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the recovery
> diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I assume it
> trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.
>
> Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?
>
> thanks
> joe

Phil is correct if it a Euro Pee On unit
as the restore files are on a hidden partition
Phil is also correct if it is an American unit
press 1 for English and 2 for illegal aliens
You must have a master Cd at this point

Well you do not have to but most people like
to install the Packard Bell " Garbage".

I think that is a French Word
So that must be Freedom Grabage

Then there is a thing called using the Retail verison
of Windows

It works on any system
It does not care
Even works on Muslim computers minus the 72 Virgins
given to Terrorists who kill innocent people in
the name of Allah
I had to throw that in

Booting with a floppy with out a OS on a Cd is like
wiping without the Charmin
Mr Whipple would never do that

Get yourself a copy of Windows
Maybe you have a friend
I had a few at various times

Then there is a thing called money
Unless the Packard bell Nec people give you a free CD
You can go to your nearest computer store and
buy one
Chances are it is best to buy one

I just want to mention Sony does the same thing with their newer units
No Master CD
Just a Hidden partition

I think they save a little money from Mr Bill
and of course this is the way they pass or piss it on
to you

By the way
Is your system an American or Euro Unit
If an American unit
I may be able to find a CD
Then again I may not
Depends on the alignment of the Stars

joe wrote:
|| Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
|| drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the
|| recovery diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I
|| assume it trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.

|| Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?

Hello !

You must tattoo your new hard drive ! no ?

"Claudie" <claudie@aol.com> wrote in message
> joe wrote:
> || Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
> || drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the
> || recovery diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I
> || assume it trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.
>
> || Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?
>
> Hello !
>
> You must tattoo your new hard drive ! no ?

I just saw this post, so don't know if the problem was dealt with by anyone
in the NG, but thought I'd reply anyway, just in case.
First of all...'what do you mean by "hard drive is toast"?
Presuming you ain't got it anymore, you will find that you either need to
get a copy of a restore CD for your particular model of PC or start afresh
and fdisk and format the new hard drive, then re-install a version of
Windows, followed by the drivers for video, audio, modem etc., then all your
required programs. It's not as daunting a task as it sounds at first and to
be honest, everyone who owns a PC should learn to do this anyway....'and no
time like the present. It's a learning cuve and you're on it.
If you need any further advice, post back.
HTH.
Eos.