• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Packet loss in one game only and only on my pc?

May 1, 2020
I use a USB wifi adapter. Just last week I have been able to play the online multiplayer game World of Tanks perfectly fine with a ping of around 30ms. Recently, I havent been able to even stay in the game because everything will freeze and I'll lose connection. Whenever I boot up World of Tanks my ping skyrockets up to the hundreds and spikes up to the thousands sometimes. When I open up the command prompt and ping google with the game open I either get ping of like 400 or request timed out. The internet is also noticeable slower when the game is running, which never happened before.

My internet and wifi work literally everywhere else. I can stream twitch and play other online multiplayer games. The weird thing is that World of Tanks works perfectly on my Mac with around 30 ping as well. I don't know what is wrong with my PC.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts