Question Packet loss on 1 PC only to modem via WiFi or LAN.

Jun 12, 2020
So I'm on my built PC which is:
Z390-A Pro MSI mobo
2080 super
i7 9700k
16gb memory
750watt psu

I'm on Ethernet btw but i tried WiFi as well on 2.4ghz and same problem. When I game on anything I end up teleporting around like crazy for like 0-5 seconds every 10-50 seconds on average. Things i have tried are:

I noticed "Network graphs" in task manager under performance both send/receive drop to the bottom for a brief moment when it happens.
Malawarebytes found 0 threats [after cleaning 8 yesterday].
CMD'd ping -t 192.168.1.1 and found average of 3-5% packet loss with quite a few timeouts... CMD'd ping -t 127.0.0.1 and found 0% packet loss all steady.
Reinstalled Ethernet drivers.
Factory Reset modem [which gave me a new local ip]

I believe this is a hard to find solution =[ . So it started I believe after a windows update I had a couple days ago right before update 2004 [sometime in july] and i dont even know if this is the issue cause i dont believe it started exactly the same time as the update... or after installing battlefield 5 which i don't see would be a reason...

https://i.ibb.co/VYPw9Vp/Untitled.jpg

On the graph above you can see the ping goes above 5-15ms on the routers connection which is high for a router and i believe those are the tiny lag spikes i have in game while the giant red lines are complete packet losses.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020
Having the same exact issues bud, Does your network troubleshooter bring back dns errors by chance? What isp do you use? My issues sound really similar but I have a dns error in troubleshooter and even when I change dns servers I get short dropouts/dcs (ie disconnections from discord when my load is heavy) starting to think it’s a windows framework issue from update , isp issue or motherboard issue .
I’m hoping on the 1st it will resolve because wave broadband is notoriously sketchy for like this. But yeah my issues started happening around time of window update and doing a google sears reveals that a lot of other had that same dns issue but windows has since released a hot fix that I think I installed but doesn’t work for me

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020
No DNS errors here that i know of. my isp is spectrum. So i uninstalled a few updates and its working ALOT better but still doing it here and there... Weird af. Leave it to windows update to jack everyones stuff up though.