[SOLVED] Packet loss on Apex Legends

Nov 27, 2018
I have terrible packet loss on every Apex server (50%+) since i started to play like a month ago.Its ONLY on Apex NOT any other game so far.I tried everything i could think of myslef and find on the internet.I contacted my isp and ea games support,both said everything is fine on their end and told me to do some basic things like using wiered connection after i told them multiple time before that im connected directly with cable,etc...So i found one tip on forum that i can ping my router,my isp router(2nd ip address on tracert) and google.com 1000 times,result is 0% on all.Than i tried to connect my phone as router and packet loss was GONE.So it has to be my isp,right? But if every other game works fine,how that Apex Legends have huge packet losses,could it be bad route? Can i ask them to try different one if thats even possible?

Solution
Look for the logs. If the router does log events you should be able to read the logs and see what errors are being captured.

Caveat being that sometimes the logs are not enabled. So what you will need to do is enable the logs, then work, game, etc. as usual. Then just check the logs from time to time...

Try some pings and tracert with respect to Apex. Something might be captured...

Reading back, I noted that you have two routers - is that correct? Are you sure that only one router is assigning DHCP IP addresses?

How are the routers (make and models) connected?

E.g.:

ISP ---- coax ---> Router #1 ----- ethernet ---->[WAN] Router #2 [LAN]----ethernet ---> Gaming PC.

Modem? Or is Router #1 a combo Modem/Router?

Correct the...
Nov 27, 2018
Who is your ISP?

Make and model router?

Who has administrative rights to your network's router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some diagnostic clues.

You will need help from the router's administrator.
Sorry i dont undertand, what do you mean who has administrative rights?

Ralston18

Titan
By "administrative rights" I mean who controls the router?

That "who" is responsible for setting up the router and managing the router's network and users.

Router admins control who can join the network, what level of service users can have (QoS, meaning Quality of Service), what websites are permitted or blocked, what times and hours are allowed to network devices, and so forth.

Details vary with router makes and models.

What the router's admin will need to do is to check the router's logs for entries relating to Apex.

Reactions: stormye
Nov 27, 2018
Oh, i guess its my isp since they provided my router,but like i told you they have no idea of what im talking about.It was very frustrating experience trying to explain.The guy i was talking to literally didnt know about cmd ping or tracer...I will try to contact them once more with router logs (thats system logs in my router status settings righ ? i guess it depends on router model.)

Ralston18

Titan
Google your router make and model. Look for the User Guide/Manual.

You may have access to the router's administrative functions if they were left at the default settings. [Very insecure.]

If someone else has admin rights then you will either need to work with that person or do a factory reset on the router.

The latter not being recommended as you may knock everyone off of the network.

And the router's administrator will not be happy....

Reactions: stormye

Ralston18

Titan
Look for the logs. If the router does log events you should be able to read the logs and see what errors are being captured.

Caveat being that sometimes the logs are not enabled. So what you will need to do is enable the logs, then work, game, etc. as usual. Then just check the logs from time to time...

Try some pings and tracert with respect to Apex. Something might be captured...

Reading back, I noted that you have two routers - is that correct? Are you sure that only one router is assigning DHCP IP addresses?

How are the routers (make and models) connected?

E.g.:

ISP ---- coax ---> Router #1 ----- ethernet ---->[WAN] Router #2 [LAN]----ethernet ---> Gaming PC.

Modem? Or is Router #1 a combo Modem/Router?

Correct the above line diagram as necessary.

The packet losses could be outside of your network and your ISP. As for different routes - the packets are probably already being routed along different paths depending on traffic and other conditions.

Solution

neoking123456

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
HEy i know im late but as i know this problem happen only on TP LINK routers ,, i don't know why this is happen with apex legends ... but as i did ,, i changed TP LINK router ,and the Packetloss gone for good ,,