Foyezes

Commendable
Mar 26, 2022
I recently bought a tp link TL-WN881ND pcie adapter and a cudy WU1400 usb wireless adapters. Both of these adapters don't have any stable connection whatsoever. They constantly cause packet loss, even though I'm 20 ft away from the router. I pinged google.com and they're near 50's. But they spike to 1000s to 2000s after a few seconds which is basically a connection loss when playing any online game. I normally play valorant and paladins and the game freezes for 1-2 seconds when it happens. I tried different drivers and no results.

RealBeast

Titan
I recently bought a tp link TL-WN881ND pcie adapter and a cudy WU1400 usb wireless adapters. Both of these adapters don't have any stable connection whatsoever. They constantly cause packet loss, even though I'm 20 ft away from the router. I pinged google.com and they're near 50's. But they spike to 1000s to 2000s after a few seconds which is basically a connection loss when playing any online game. I normally play valorant and paladins and the game freezes for 1-2 seconds when it happens. I tried different drivers and no results.
It sounds like you have significant interference. At 20 ft. you should be able to at least get a good 2.4Gz connection, although 5GHz depends a lot on the material between the router and adapter. I would look for other networks or devices that interfere with a wifi analyzer that you can download on a phone or your computer. Games are the most sensitive application for wireless. If you cannot find the interference or can't fix it, your best alternative may be using a powerline adapter that is AV2 1000 or better, as they tend to have much better latency than wireless in an active environment.

TRENDING THREADS