-replacing all cables
-putting on a splitter
-removing the splitter
-unplugging everything except the one pc im testing on
-no antivirus on/windows defender/updates/downloads

the pingplotter for google :

https://imgur.com/FGgJ31f
https://imgur.com/6n59Y2H

i tried to tracert for 8.8.8.8 and the 2nd and 3rd hops seem to be the ones that have the packet loss

https://imgur.com/G2vj1oa

i just wanna know if me/router is the problem or is it the ISP ?

Solution
[/quotemsg]

hey i just wanted to say that i found out the problem , it's 2 problems actually , first one is that i didn't have a splitter on so i fixed that , and the 2nd problem is that i found out that the router was full of dust and stuff so i cleaned it real good and it fixed most of the problem , i still get some packet loss here and there but it's just as spikes and never lasts , so thanks[/quotemsg]

Glad you were able to fix most of the problems with packet loss you were having.

Be sure the ethernet cable between your modem and router is good. I had a problem that pointed to my router being bad when it turned out that the ethernet cable was bad, causing all my problems. Highly unlikely yours is bad but I thought they never went bad but...

TheStig47

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I don't know how you could be the problem unless you have a bad modem and or router that is failing to pick up all packets. Usually, packet loss is from the incoming transmission of data, and it could be your ISP or it could be a node along an incoming route.

Power cycling your modem can help by grabbing a new dynamic IP address. That is if your ISP uses dynamic IP addresses, and I believe most do. But, if after doing that, you still get packet loss then it may be your ISP. However, if it is a specific site such as a gaming server, it could be pocket loss problem they are having. If that be the case you won't notice pocket loss from other sites.

Jan 20, 2019

hey i just wanted to say that i found out the problem , it's 2 problems actually , first one is that i didn't have a splitter on so i fixed that , and the 2nd problem is that i found out that the router was full of dust and stuff so i cleaned it real good and it fixed most of the problem , i still get some packet loss here and there but it's just as spikes and never lasts , so thanks

TheStig47

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
[/quotemsg]

hey i just wanted to say that i found out the problem , it's 2 problems actually , first one is that i didn't have a splitter on so i fixed that , and the 2nd problem is that i found out that the router was full of dust and stuff so i cleaned it real good and it fixed most of the problem , i still get some packet loss here and there but it's just as spikes and never lasts , so thanks[/quotemsg]

Glad you were able to fix most of the problems with packet loss you were having.

Be sure the ethernet cable between your modem and router is good. I had a problem that pointed to my router being bad when it turned out that the ethernet cable was bad, causing all my problems. Highly unlikely yours is bad but I thought they never went bad but when I replaced it with another I had, all my problems disappeared. Anyway, sounds like things are much better now. That's great.

Oh, thanks for sharing how you fixed it. :)

Solution

Latest posts