Question Packet loss problems

Soloontop

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
So for the past 2-3 weeks i've been experiencing packet loss on fortnite. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to fix this, also I need to know if its on fortnites end or a connection error on my end? I have reinstalled NIC drivers aswell as restarting my router and reinstalling fortnite. Does anybody have a fix?

Try some other testing tools other that a game client. Could be many things not even network related when you are using a complex game client.

Try simple ping commands. Start by leaving a ping command to 8.8.8.8 run and see if you actually are getting packet loss. You will then use commands like tracert and more ping commands to isolate it.

Ralston18

Titan
Do any other network computers have problems with either Fortnite or other online performance and websites?

Also more information is needed: ISP, make and model modem, make and model router, how man network devices: wired and wireless.

How is your computer connected: wired or wireless? Any interim switches, power line adapters, access points etc.?

Have you tried other known working at speed network cables?

Run "tracert" via the Command Prompt. Target Fortnite's website.

Do the same using "pathping".

Do so several times spaced out during your normal online play.

Post the results that are most representative of the packet losses that occur.

Soloontop

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
If you get no packet loss there, it's fortnite. If you do, we need to investigate further...
[/QUOTE]
i left all the settings on default and i tested it, i have 3.7 percent packet loss

If you get no packet loss there, it's fortnite. If you do, we need to investigate further...
i left all the settings on default and i tested it, i have 3.7 percent packet loss
[/QUOTE]Okay, so you've definitely got some packet loss somewhere.

Do you have another device on the network that can run the same packetlosstest.com? We need to determine if it is just your computer or your entire network.

Soloontop

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Okay, so you've definitely got some packet loss somewhere.

Do you have another device on the network that can run the same packetlosstest.com? We need to determine if it is just your computer or your entire network.
[/QUOTE]
Yea I just ran the test on my iPad which is connected to the same internet, the only difference is that my pc is hard wired with an Ethernet, after running the test I have 2.7 percent packet loss on my iPad

Yea I just ran the test on my iPad which is connected to the same internet, the only difference is that my pc is hard wired with an Ethernet, after running the test I have 2.7 percent packet loss on my iPad
Thank you. Okay, so now it's time to unplug your modem and router and plug them in after a minute and run the test again. If it improves, we fixed it! :D

If not, we have some more tests to run.

Soloontop

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Thank you. Okay, so now it's time to unplug your modem and router and plug them in after a minute and run the test again. If it improves, we fixed it! :D

If not, we have some more tests to run.
Unfortunately that didn’t fix it, I still have packet loss after unplugging and plugging back in

Moms computer is wired to the modem I tested it there and there’s still packet loss on her computer
Okay. So beyond the modem is the isp's responsibility, so time to call them. :) And here's what you need to ask them to do--ping their modem (they can do this internally on their network). And when they do, they should also see packet loss. If they do--bingo, we found the problem.

If they do not see packet loss, ask them if they are having issues with their network because that's the next suspect in the lineup.

TRENDING THREADS