[SOLVED] Packets errors on Ethernet interface

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,

I'm getting some packet errors from a linux device ethernet port. I have recrimped the cable but still getting some errors. Any idea how to fix it ?

Solution
Generally Packet "ERRORS" Not discards or packet loss. Means, faulty hardware.
Try updating your NIC drive. What Distro and Kernal version are you running?
Also what model is the NIC card?

It could also be errors, from the device you are connecting. Not necessarily your PC..
Switch, router, etc..

I would use a "Premade" cable first to test. Not one you crimped.. See if you still get errors.

mspencerl87

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Generally Packet "ERRORS" Not discards or packet loss. Means, faulty hardware.
Try updating your NIC drive. What Distro and Kernal version are you running?
Also what model is the NIC card?

It could also be errors, from the device you are connecting. Not necessarily your PC..
Switch, router, etc..

I would use a "Premade" cable first to test. Not one you crimped.. See if you still get errors.

Reactions: cbrice86
Solution
Nov 6, 2019
Thank you for your response. Linux Kernel is Linux 4.14.16 aarch64 . I'm trying to find the way for displaying NIC Card version. I will try with Premade cable as suggested

Thank you

mspencerl87

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Thank you for your response. Linux Kernel is Linux 4.14.16 aarch64 . I'm trying to find the way for displaying NIC Card version. I will try with Premade cable as suggested

Thank you

A few weeks ago, i had some really weird issues, when i was using two NIC cards on my Arch install.
I was having SLOW network speeds like 30/40 network transfers etc.
As soon as i removed my USB to Ethernet adapter.. It started working flawlessly. I still haven't' figured it out yet.

Is the network card that's having issues onboard NIC or a network card you added? It may have bad driver support.