Packmate 386sx -- BIOS Upgrade possible?

Hi guys,

A new question...

I got ahold of a PackMate 386sx computer. Not sure of the speed, but it has
1MB RAM installed. When it boots it displays:

Phoenix 80386 ROM BIOS Plus 1.10.02
Phoenix Video BIOS 1.05

It came with a 80MB disk and although it did boot it has many, many bad
blocks. I tried swapping the disk out, but I can only get in the BIOS when
the machine allows it and the BIOS only supports Type 1-50 disks.

Is it possible to update the BIOS to accept a newer, larger disk? If so,
any ideas on where to find the upgrade?

Thanks,

Rock On

"Rock On" <rockkon@OhNoUdont.net> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> A new question...
>
> I got ahold of a PackMate 386sx computer. Not sure of the speed,
but it has
> 1MB RAM installed. When it boots it displays:
>
> Phoenix 80386 ROM BIOS Plus 1.10.02
> Phoenix Video BIOS 1.05
>
> It came with a 80MB disk and although it did boot it has many, many
bad
> blocks. I tried swapping the disk out, but I can only get in the
BIOS when
> the machine allows it and the BIOS only supports Type 1-50 disks.
>
> Is it possible to update the BIOS to accept a newer, larger disk?
If so,
> any ideas on where to find the upgrade?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rock On