Question Page auto scrolling problem ?

Teemark

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2015
Couple of weeks ago started having scrolling issues. the vertical slider on the right would stay at the top. using keyboard to try to move it only had it "jitter" and stay up. If i use the mouse to drag the slider it will move but as soon as i release the mouse button the slider goes back up. If the page [explorer folder or firefox,chrome internet] is not full screen i found moving the cursor off the page stopped the issue.

Trying to use scroll wheel only maxes the icons/text,, if i open a video the vol goes to max [even if vol is "x'd" off] and vid will play with no stopping it. this seems to afffect any items on the explorer page, trying to resize with the "view" button has the same effect, uncontrolable. i changed mice, also removed last win update that wasn t a security update, i system restored to over a month ago, still have problem,.. it IS intermittent, sometimes it doen not occur, or if it occurs after maybe half an hour or trying to use the PC the prob will go away.
hoping for clues,,

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, it just stops non microsoft programs loading with windows. Easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Teemark

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2015
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, it just stops non microsoft programs loading with windows. Easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
thanks