page fault in non page area

caseybrunet

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
My computer is early 2013 custom built. It has given me near flawless performance but starting today gave me a blue screen of death during a restart. The error is "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA". I can boot up and use the PC for 15 to 30 seconds each rstart before the blue screen forces a restart. I can boot up in safe mode and the PC is stable. I've run and disk check with no error and a memory diagnostic with no errors.

Any ideas on what to check next?

Edit: I've also checked the ram and ram slots by removing all but 1 stick, then trying a second stick in a second slot and removing the first. did not fix the issue.

caseybrunet

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

Thank you for your input. I came to the same conclusion regarding my hardware, also confirmed with a fresh install of windows 7 that removed the error. Unfortunately that led to another major issue. When I attempted to restore my harddrive to a previous condition using Acronis 2014 the restart triggered an error message that does not let me get to windows at all.

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next"
3. click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

I feel I should mention that I have made no hardware changes aside from having removed 3 of my 4 ram sticks to test the memory, which are still removed at the moment.

When I restart and boot from the Windows installation disk the white progress bar freezes about 1/4 of the way and never boots from the disk. Now I am stuck in an everlasting loop of can't access windows on my hard drive, yet can't boot from the windows disk because it freezes.

Any ideas on my next move?