[SOLVED] Page fault in non paged area. Windows won't boot

Feb 20, 2020
So my PC was working fine last night and i went to switch it on this morning only to have it blue screen before loading windows.

I first got PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA but my machine no longer boots to windows at all. I can boot in safe mode and after looking in logs I can see I am getting a large number of DCOM 1084 errors.

I'm hopeless when it comes to hardware and any help would be appreciated.

System outline:
- Windows 10 pro
- AMD Gaming Carbon Pro Motherboard (BIOS is up to date)
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
- MSI RTX2070
- Corsair Vengeance RGB (2x8GB)
- Generic Samsung SSD, WD green HDD, WD green M.2

Things I have tried:
- Booting from a different windows install (separate disk)
- Removing all unnecessary drives / USB devices / PCI cards
- Reinstalling windows to a different drive
- Running windows automated repair
- Resetting motherboard CMOS
- Removing any OC profile
- Different RAM configurations
- I ran mem test and no errors were found.
- Removing graphics drivers

I can now only boot into safe mode, when I try boot normally I just get a black screen and the PC restarts.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

Solution
Did you make any changes to hardware configuration or software before this occurred?

Also there is one thing you can try to see if this is a HW related error or Windows related : Go get a Linux distro (Mint, Fedora, or whatever modern distro that can be run in live mode*) and see if that is able to boot/run normally)

* Boot up, and you don't need to install anything permanently, it is just to test the computer.
Did you make any changes to hardware configuration or software before this occurred?

Also there is one thing you can try to see if this is a HW related error or Windows related : Go get a Linux distro (Mint, Fedora, or whatever modern distro that can be run in live mode*) and see if that is able to boot/run normally)

* Boot up, and you don't need to install anything permanently, it is just to test the computer.

Solution