page fault in non paged area!?

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi i recently upgraded to windows 8, it was all going well for a few weeks until...BAM bsod (blue screen of death), out of the blue , saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. This doesn't stop my computer from starting up, however it occurs when i try and use certain programs Such as: Firefox and other programs (although chrome works fine), but most importantly MS Word! every time i try and open MS office applications it bsod's. This is very weird because it only occurs with some programs. I tested other big programs that worked fine such as Photoshop and After effects.

I read on the internet that it could be faulty ram, but i doubt this is the case because my comouter starts up fine, ive ran memchecks and removed ram sticks to see if one was causing this havoc. All failed to produce any information.

System:
OCZ 650W
16GB Corsair Vengeance
i7 2600k
p8z68 gen3
GTX 560ti
OCZ vertex 4 (OS)
WD caviar blck

Please help me! if you can. This is urgent, i have a lot of assignments coming up!

Thanks
Tim

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Ahh sorry bout that, ive edited my post. Although i dont believe it to be the PSU 650W would surely be enough, and i made sure that it was a quality PSU.

Thanks

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Another BSOD that i received but less frequently was BAD POOL HEADER, after some interneting, i read something about pagefile and i should try disabling it. When i opened up the properties i found it was already disabled for some reason. So i turned it on to "sytem managed" and hey everything works fine. Thanks for the help!

oh, i also updated all my drivers and didnt do anything. :/

Tim

TRENDING THREADS