Page fault in nonpaged area (X3220 lga 775/W7)

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
recently my secondary pc had this problem, booting up to youtube vids its fine, "stable" and everything is good, however if i try to play any game (gta v,wd,any) it crashes after a couple of minutes, and almost in an instant with wd, out of curiosity i tried out cpu-z cpu stress testing and this happened, i wonder whats the cause of this, my X3220 (which is basically server grade Q6600) is bsel-modded to reach 3.0 ghz, i've done windows extended memory diagnostic and no problems there, i havent swapped the hdd , ram & gpu, but they run as good as new when im using my E7300, i have overclocked all my past E and X series processor and they run well, i wonder if this plays something in it

quick sidenote , i cant even update my graphics driver (gt 730), it just crash to the page fault bsod once it tried to install

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

its running in a proprietary dell motherboard for the optiplex 755, i might try not to overclock but im running low on thermal paste so i only have 1 attempt on it, unless of course i try to play with setfsb lowering it even further, ill try both and ill report back

one other thing i'm slightly worried is, does the gpu play a factor in these ? because my gt730 artifacting is going more and more crazy, not sure if its cable or gpu related though