Page File Location(SSD or HDD)?

f.hawk100

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
In an SSD+HDD system, is it better to relocate the pagefile from the SSD to HDD since SSDs have a limited write limit(TBW) ? will doing this decrease system performance in any way?
Thanks in advance!

RAM-8gigs (will upgrade to 16gigs soon)

Leave it on the SSD. The limitation isn't really something that you can reach. https://techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead .

You can see what happens if you disable superfetch in services. That can sometimes speed things up.

When you upgrade your RAM it is a good idea to stick with a clean 16GB dual channel kit. Adding one module, identical in speed, timings and voltage to your existing module(s) most likely will be fine but there isn't a guarantee. We've fielded many questions asking why brand new RAM won't work and mixing old and new RAM can introduce issues.

f.hawk100

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017

Thank you for the clarification. :) 1 more thing...
The thing is, MSI Afterburner shows that my pagefile usage is over 16gigs when gaming and around 6-7gigs when idle... isn't this abnormally high? :/ will it be a better idea to limit my pagefile size once i upgrade to 16gigs of ram or just leave it as it is?