Page file suddenly moved from front of drive to rear

I don,t know why but after a standard chkdsk run my page file was moved. I
need to get it back to the front. Help please, Joe

Jerry

Why does the location matter?

"cody45" <cody45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don,t know why but after a standard chkdsk run my page file was moved. I
> need to get it back to the front. Help please, Joe

If you have Norton Utilities, or System Works, I think Speedisk can be
configured to do this.

Bill Crocker

"cody45" <cody45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don,t know why but after a standard chkdsk run my page file was moved. I
> need to get it back to the front. Help please, Joe

Not anymore.

If you were running Windows 2000 it could be done. If you dual boot with
Win2K, you can run SpeedDisk from within Win2K, on the drive where Windows
XP is located, and do it.

--

Regards:

Richard Urban