[SOLVED] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windows 10 clean install (1909->21h2) Memtest86 pass overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymptomatic

Prominent
Jul 9, 2022
Can't figure out whats going on. System was previously on build 1909 and couldn't be upgraded as the updates kept failing. Did a clean install from a flash drive and manage to set up a new install and get onto my desktop.

The problem comes after restarting the PC. I get a BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

Memtest86 passed overnight. XMP disabled and I've tried overclocking core voltage but this hasn't worked. I had no problems with the PC before the clean install and upgrade to 21h2.

System specs
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
MSI Z97 PC Mate
i5-4960k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Last edited:
Reactions: duraichandran

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thanks for your reply.
I actually just managed to fix the problem myself. I will state my solution here for any possible future people with the same problem.

I reinstalled Windows keeping my files but resetting it completely. After I did this I went into the settings and under the windows update settings there were a bunch of optional drivers and updates including intel drivers. After installing these and restarting my pc the error has been fixed. All my drivers are now up to date.
https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/0x00004E24-This-platform-is-not-supported/td-p/1272022
This answer relates to your Z97 chipset.

have you looked in windows update/optional updates?

Asymptomatic

Prominent
Jul 9, 2022
Hi thanks for the reply. Windows updates/optional updates didnt solve it last attempt. Just reseated memory and reset cmos. Now PCI simple communication controller is not being recognised as well as SM bus. Before there was no update for intel drivers but these have appeared. Will try this now thanks.

Also tried an older build (20h2) which wouldn’t even let me get past the setup. Will try 1909 if all else fails.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you ran the intel chipset driver on here? that the inf you mean? https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z97-PC-Mate/support#driver
intel management engine interface which is on Other drivers tab might help

Do this so we can look at dumps:
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

the specs of your PC match my last one, I had a 980 and an Asus Z97. I didn't run into this error on it, only stopped using it 2 years back.

Asymptomatic

Prominent
Jul 9, 2022
Haven’t tried that link. I noticed the windows updates had an intel update which wasn’t there before. Tried that and it BSOD whilst in the desktop.

If I make the dump do I need to force the error afterwards? If I restart the only way I can get back is to delete partitions and install windows again. Will the dump be deleted then? Can I make it on the D drive?

Last edited:

Asymptomatic

Prominent
Jul 9, 2022
Did the steps above, set the dump to C:\Windows\Minidump and then forced the error but upon new installation there is no minidump. Tried to send it to D:\ but that didn’t work either.

The z97 driver worked but it didnt solve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS