Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and weird Memtest test

cliophate

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Hi there,

So I just signed up because I have a very weird problem.

Since a couple of days I get random Bluescreens. They haven't been that bad at first, I only got an occassional crash but lately they seem to get worse. The bluescreen message is ALWAYS page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.

So after a quick Google search, people suggested it may be the RAM. So I ran memtest and got in all 99 errors, only during test 7 and test 8. (8 passes)

So at first I thought it was a broken RAM stick. Thats when I tried them one after the other. However I didn't get any errors. That's when I tried the RAM in every single DIMM. No errors. So I thought it may be only happen when I try them together. So I put both RAMs in at the same time. First on Slot 1 and 2 (the two on the left which have two different colours) and than in 2 and 4 (the second and fourth from the left, same color). No errors.

When I put them back in the way they were for the past four years and the way they were when I first used Memtest and got the error, Memtest posts some errors again (though this time during Test 9). So out of the 20 possible RAM combinations there are I only get errors when using one specific.

So frankly I don't know what the heck is going on. I included a picture of the first memtest with the errors.

ROfk+

The second test btw shows the exact same screen only with errors during test 9. The whole error thing on the left with lowest error address is the exact same.

Solution
Hi,

Yes You do have a problem with one or more of the memory sticks - or the motherboards memory slots - which I presume You already checked carefully?

First of all, what are the memory's part number and manufacturer?
Your professor Intel Core i5 3570K requires memory voltage at maximum 1.5V +/-5%
If your memory sticks goes beyond that, it is a problem directly there and it will cause trouble..

Now, how many memory sticks do You have?

I strongly suggest to replace them all at the same time, and there is an explanation for that: all memory is produced in matching pairs, especially the faster ones, and one should never shift or mix memory sticks from one system to another - it will be trouble.

Best regards from Sweden

Hi,

Yes You do have a problem with one or more of the memory sticks - or the motherboards memory slots - which I presume You already checked carefully?

First of all, what are the memory's part number and manufacturer?
Your professor Intel Core i5 3570K requires memory voltage at maximum 1.5V +/-5%
If your memory sticks goes beyond that, it is a problem directly there and it will cause trouble..

Now, how many memory sticks do You have?

I strongly suggest to replace them all at the same time, and there is an explanation for that: all memory is produced in matching pairs, especially the faster ones, and one should never shift or mix memory sticks from one system to another - it will be trouble.

Best regards from Sweden

Solution