Paid Faction Change Now in WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

fargom

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
Here comes seven pages of "lols this company only wants ur money" posts.

Can it, Blizzard is offering a new service, if you like the service buy it, if not who cares.

Newsflash: American companies are about making money, Blizzard isn't a charity.

h83

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Man, Blizzard is milking their WoW players(idiots???) any way possible!!! I would expect that someone that pays a monthly fee to play a single game, would have some free goddies like free expansions, free factions changes, etc..., but no, they simply charge for everything!!!
And people simply pay and continue to play, go figure...

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Theres nothing wrong with charging for a service. Why do people always want a handout?...gees.

Yes, I play MMo's to, so I know what its like.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
unlike most sex changes which can cost thousands upon thousands of dollars

Just keep saving buddy, you'll get there. :)
j/k

Anyway, this is a rather interesting development. I think you guys saying that they are just another company doing business are wrong, and I'll tell you why.

You couldn't change your faction before because the designers/developers thought that was what would be best for the game. Just like how in some games you can't switch which server you play on, or your weapons class, and as far as I know they all try to prevent cheating. In fact most all of the ways in which MMORPG games and their rules work are (usually) in the interest of great, fair gameplay. It is so obvious of a concept it is hard to even explain. There was, quite simply, a reason that it was the way it was before.

Now, tell me why it has changed. Name a reason other than the money.

If they're going to change the standards of what their game should or should not be SOLELY based on whether or not they can find a new revenue stream out of it, then they have turned into one of those game studios. I wouldn't be surprised if they change their stance on selling gold and try to make money off of that too.

It isn't evil, it isn't greedy...it is damn good business. (but they might as well just merge with EA and get it over with if that is the fortitude of their new "standards")

Torment

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
It is greedy, and completely within their rights. Were I a WOW player, I'd not be happy about the ridiculously high charge after paying the monthly fees. Making a little extra money in the short term is not good business. It's *bad* business.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]So what does Tauren become...?[/citation]
They let you pick any race that can be played by your current class on the opposing faction.

fargom

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]are youa dumb ass ???i've played multiple mmo's as well as nwn 1 and 2 and changing factiosn has never been a "charged" service , it was always a part of teh game engine's mechanics something that costed teh developers NOTHING to implement in the engine. face it jack-o this is just an exampel of a greedy ass company cahrging ungodly ammoutns for soemthginthat should be much cheaper if not free.[/citation]

I think you should see if they have a English lesson service.

Again, if you like the service use it, if not don't. If I don't like the new Ford F-150 I don't buy it, I don't act like a crybaby and call ford names.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Im growing to hate Blizzard. Honestly they are not only greedy and careless about their consumers but they are irritating me recently ith EVERYTHING they do which isnt so good for such company..

Nogard

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
All these changes from Blizz seem a bit desperate. Might have something to do with a few new MMO's coming out - Aion, Champions Online, SW: Old Republic etc

G

Not horde to alliance, only alliance to horde. (I'm guessing 90% of transfers will be alliance to horde anyway.)

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
With that Hellmann's Mayo add at the top, I think Tom's was expecting a certain demographic to be reading this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.