"paint" ctrl v not working why?

G

a day ago i was able to press the prt screen button on my keyboard then open the paint program and press ctrl v and it would appear in there and i could save it but now i try it 1 day later and when i try to paste it in nothing happens why is this? i feel really dumb for such a problem but i also have no clue why it stopped working

Solution
G
i turned off num lock and it works again (even with numlock on ) so everything is normal for now again (razer blackwidow chroma) biggest waste of money seems buggy to me here

Sylvvester

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Is it ctrl-v not working or print screen? To check edit any image, use selection tool to select part of image and then ctrl-c, ctrl-v. If that works then it's a problem with print screen. If that doesn't work then check if ctrl-c, ctrl-v fails also in other programs or only paint. Also check if copy and paste from right mouse button menu work or if it also fails.

G

so its the prt screen button, but it still takes screen shots inside of a game for me but thats inside a game maybe a bit different? rather than what i want here is like a screen shot of my desktop i know i could install programs to do this for me but im confused on why this way stopped working for me

G

i turned off num lock and it works again (even with numlock on ) so everything is normal for now again (razer blackwidow chroma) biggest waste of money seems buggy to me here

Solution