[SOLVED] Paired RAM sticks - one died ?

Bumbum

Honorable
May 25, 2016
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

My RAM is a 1 pair sticks 8gb each total of 16gb.
One stick died so im planning to buy another 8gb, will it work? or both are now unuseable and i need to buy another pair of 8gb each?
Any other checklist i need to take note on buying another single 8gb stick?

RAM: Vengeance RGB PRO Corsair
DDR4 3200MHZ

thank you for answering my noob question.

Solution
Best is to get a single kit (2x8) and at a frequency that your MB and CPU support and selected from the MB QVL that have been tested and known to work.
Mixing kits is never a good idea due to differences in latency.

You have a choice, either RMA the dead RAM module (Corsair have a lifetime policy) and take the chance that the working module will be compatible, or get a single kit as described above.

What makes you think the other module is unuseable?
Best is to get a single kit (2x8) and at a frequency that your MB and CPU support and selected from the MB QVL that have been tested and known to work.

You have a choice, either RMA the dead RAM module (Corsair have a lifetime policy) and take the chance that the working module will be compatible, or get a single kit as described above.

Reactions: Bumbum
Solution

Bumbum

Honorable
May 25, 2016

Sorry wasnt clear with the unuseable term. What I mean is in order for me to run again a 16gb I will be needing to buy another 2x8gb.
I am using the working stick for now.

in doing the RMA, will I need to send both sticks? is that how it works? thank you as I dont know how efficient the RMA process here in the Philippines.

Bumbum

Honorable
May 25, 2016
ok, replying to this thread for update.

Since RMA needs the stick's serial I need to open again my rig.
Took the chance of re-seating the RAMs, wiped clean the stick that is causing the issue, then suddenly it is now working.
I have ran memory test and there are no errors found. LOL.

Prior to this, my RAMs' RGB will light up during boot up even if the setting is "turn off rbg".

On my previous testing, after I re-seat the working RAM, it does not lit up but works.
The RAM with issue lits up and wont work.

Now both of them does not lit up and both now works.

I will observe the next days.

Reactions: Quanticriver
Sorry wasnt clear with the unuseable term. What I mean is in order for me to run again a 16gb I will be needing to buy another 2x8gb.
I am using the working stick for now.

in doing the RMA, will I need to send both sticks? is that how it works? thank you as I dont know how efficient the RMA process here in the Philippines.
The RMA process is simple. Just contact Corsair support and obtain an RMA and you can apply for cross shipping. They obtain your credit card details so you can go on using they good module. When the new kit arrives, Carefully package the full kit and post them to wherever Corsair nominates. Corsair are good for that service.

Reactions: Bumbum

Bumbum

Honorable
May 25, 2016
The RMA process is simple. Just contact Corsair support and obtain an RMA and you can apply for cross shipping. They obtain your credit card details so you can go on using they good module. When the new kit arrives, Carefully package the full kit and post them to wherever Corsair nominates. Corsair are good for that service.

thanks sir. I was able to reach to the local distributor. They will be the one who will contact corsair for the rma
So after 5 days of my previous, fortunately, 2 sticks are working. lol