[SOLVED] Pairing ASRock X570 Taichi to 1TB Sabrent Rocket Gen4

kawzman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
I was thinking about using the 1TB Sabrent Rocket Gen4 M.2 SSD with the ASRock X570 Taichi. My concerns are the cooling capability of the Taichi's heatsink and fan and fan noise. I haven't found a lot of info or benching out there. Thoughts? Thanks for the support as always!

I'm not that familiar with that motherboard, I looked at some info on-line. Is the heat sink one large piece on that mobo? It's appears to be a large heat sink and that's a good thing, helps dissipate the heat. I like that design.

I have a Sabrent 4.0 on an Asus TUF x570. My mobo did not come with a heat sink for the upper NVME slot so I had to use the Sabrent sink at an additional cost. It has operated quite well and usually in the 50C range. That bad thing about the Sabrent heat sink is how large it is. It just barely fit above the graphics card.

You should be fine with such a large heat sink on that Taichi. The Sabrent is crazy quick but is overkill right now.

mvPZg5Z.jpg

kawzman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Correct, that's one large heatsink that covers all 3 m.2 slots with a cooling fan at top right centered over the chipset that aids in cooling. That heatsink is removable, so I could go with the sabrent heatsink but I like the look of the mobo heatsink, especially with the embedded RGB lighting. I will likely throw the GPU in the top slot.

Jul 2, 2020
I was thinking about using the 1TB Sabrent Rocket Gen4 M.2 SSD with the ASRock X570 Taichi. My concerns are the cooling capability of the Taichi's heatsink and fan and fan noise. I haven't found a lot of info or benching out there. Thoughts? Thanks for the support as always!
I am using a Sabrent Rocket in my 1st slot on my x570 Taichi and a 970 evo plus in my second, the evo runs at a max of 55c, the rocket is usually under 45c during light loads like gaming, and the max I have ever seen it is 50c during video editing. Works very well, not to mention it is rediculously fast, I get slightly higher than advertised speeds on crystalmark.

kawzman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
I am using a Sabrent Rocket in my 1st slot on my x570 Taichi and a 970 evo plus in my second, the evo runs at a max of 55c, the rocket is usually under 45c during light loads like gaming, and the max I have ever seen it is 50c during video editing. Works very well, not to mention it is rediculously fast, I get slightly higher than advertised speeds on crystalmark.

Thanks for the info!

kawzman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
I'm not that familiar with that motherboard, I looked at some info on-line. Is the heat sink one large piece on that mobo? It's appears to be a large heat sink and that's a good thing, helps dissipate the heat. I like that design.

I have a Sabrent 4.0 on an Asus TUF x570. My mobo did not come with a heat sink for the upper NVME slot so I had to use the Sabrent sink at an additional cost. It has operated quite well and usually in the 50C range. That bad thing about the Sabrent heat sink is how large it is. It just barely fit above the graphics card.

You should be fine with such a large heat sink on that Taichi. The Sabrent is crazy quick but is overkill right now.

mvPZg5Z.jpg
GarrettL, how do you like the NZXT H510i? I got the NZXT H710i white/black. I can't wait to dress it up.

TRENDING THREADS