[SOLVED] Pairing Asus B360M-E with Intel 8700k for non overclocker?

zamano251610

Commendable
Sep 19, 2017
Hey guys.

I have an oppotunity to buy a cheap k version of 8700k but I am currently running a B360m-e motherboard from Asus.

I have been reading that there may be issues with VRM or something of that sort where CPU may loose 20% performance if the motherboard is not Z family. I cant seem to find any relevant information, only comments and sort of theories here and there.

Is there any truth to that? Something to do with TDP 65 and 95w and that CPU may throttle?

Thanks

Solution
Hey guys.

I have an oppotunity to buy a cheap k version of 8700k but I am currently running a B360m-e motherboard from Asus.

I have been reading that there may be issues with VRM or something of that sort where CPU may loose 20% performance if the motherboard is not Z family. I cant seem to find any relevant information, only comments and sort of theories here and there.

Is there any truth to that? Something to do with TDP 65 and 95w and that CPU may throttle?

Thanks
Z family Mboard have special feature for OC, and their VRM is designed for hold a huge power load. Using non Z Mboard will lost some feature and limited OC ability. Maybe that's what you mean by loose the performance.

For normal use (Non OC), there is no loose...
Hey guys.

Thanks
Z family Mboard have special feature for OC, and their VRM is designed for hold a huge power load. Using non Z Mboard will lost some feature and limited OC ability. Maybe that's what you mean by loose the performance.

For normal use (Non OC), there is no loose performance, so using B series will be okay.

Solution