Pairing two 4-gigs ram of same freq, diff companies.

Mar 25, 2018
Hello guys.

I’m building a pc with ryzen 3 2200g. My aim is to game at 720p 30-60fps low-high settings.

A320m motherboard
Ryzen 3 2200g
500gb hdd
450W psu

Now I wanna go with 8 gigs of ram. I’m not getting (4x2) gb ram of same company.

But I’m getting 4 gb ram of crucial and adata both of same frequency 2400mhz.

Can I pair rams of same frequency and size but different companies???

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!

THANK YOU :)

Solution

Should be just fine, normally this works although you may need to do some BIOS trickery. Also, make sure you use the XMP profiles to get the Ram to its rated speeds, and make sure you have as much ram allocated to the integrated GPU as possible, its usually 2gb's max. Its 512mb's stock, if you change it to...

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

Should be just fine, normally this works although you may need to do some BIOS trickery. Also, make sure you use the XMP profiles to get the Ram to its rated speeds, and make sure you have as much ram allocated to the integrated GPU as possible, its usually 2gb's max. Its 512mb's stock, if you change it to more you'll see a way better performance and probably hit 40-50 FPS on 1080p medium to low settings.

Solution
DO NOT buy disparate ram sticks.
Ram must be in a single matched kit to work properly.
Even two sticks of the same part number may not work.
ryzen, in particular is very picky about this.

You may end up throwing away both 4gb sticks and buying a 2 x 4gb kit which is what you should do in the first place.

As a caveat, when you build with an apu, you are getting a decent combo of cpu and gpu.
But if you think you might ever want an upgrade in the future, for either cpu or gpu, you would be better off with a cpu and discrete graphics card in the first place.

Adding a gpu to a apu throws away the main benefit of the apu, namely decent graphics.

You may end up throwing away both 4gb sticks and buying a 2 x 4gb kit which is what you should do in the first place.

As a caveat, when you build with an apu, you are getting a decent combo of cpu and gpu.
But if you think you might ever want an upgrade in the future, for either cpu or gpu, you would be better off with a cpu and discrete graphics card in the first place.

Adding a gpu to a apu throws away the main benefit of the apu, namely decent graphics.

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

I think your forgetting the main benefits of an APU, there designed for budget builders who want to be able to game before they can afford a decent GPU, and in todays market people are waiting for GPU pricing to return to MSRP. Also, with the way AMD made the Ryzen APU's adding a discrete GPU later won't effect performance much at all, since the 16 lanes are split between the integrated GPU and that leaves 8 lanes to the discrete GPU, running a card in 8x over PCI-E Gen 3 is the same as 16x of PCI-E Gen 2 which isn't saturated by any GPU in the market, except maybe Titan V, but I don't expect him to get a titan V anytime soon. This has been tested and it works just fine, with a loss on average of about 2-3 FPS in games with a discrete GPU on the Ryzen 5 and 3 APU's. He's better off getting this and saving for a better card down the road, theres only a really noticeable drop in FPS in 8x once you get to 1070 ti and up, but if he's getting a 1070 ti the op can drop to a normal 1070 and get a better CPU that will slot directly in.