Paladin - Ranged Weapons

I have heard rumors, I call them because I cannot confirm, that with the
next patch paladins are getting some sort of ranged weapon (other than
Linkins Boomerang). Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

C F wrote:
> I have heard rumors, I call them because I cannot confirm, that with the
> next patch paladins are getting some sort of ranged weapon (other than
> Linkins Boomerang). Does anyone know anything about this?

I heard something similar but not quite that. I heard a rumour that
they were going to get some items for the ranged slot - not exactly the
same. In Everquest there are items to be held in the ranged slot that
do nothing in the way of ranged attacks. They have stats bonuses and
perhaps a clicky ability but that's it. I think that Blizzard have
said that they want every class to be able to use every slot.

steve.kaye

Mike in Mystic wrote:
> "Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hammer of Justice. Do other classes have comparable spells to stop them
> > fleeing?
> >

> Warriors can put talent points in the Fury tree and get "Piercing Howl",
> which dazes all nearby opponents for 6 seconds (I believe it is a 50% speed
> reduction). I use this all the time. We also have hamstring, which slows
> them, and a few others that stun.

Does Piercing Howl still work for you after the 1.61 Patch? I used it
couple times after the latest patch and it doesn't seem to work. Well,
not as obvious as Hamstring :(

A Paladin with engineering as a profession can make explosives that can
be thrown (ranged attack) and stun opponents.

taipan

"C F" <fombynospam@herebellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I have heard rumors, I call them because I cannot confirm, that with the
> next patch paladins are getting some sort of ranged weapon (other than
> Linkins Boomerang). Does anyone know anything about this?

As posted in Paladin forums on WoW US site:

" In the next patch, at level 44 Paladins will have a new spell available to
them called "Hammer of Wrath". This spell, useable only on wounded targets
is a ranged attack which does holy damage. This spell is primarily designed
to give Paladins greater control when fighting enemies which choose to flee.
"

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-paladin&T=338065&P=1

Thread is quite long so I'm not sure if they ever disclosed how much damage
it'll do.

--
Arathor[EU]
Taipan [60] NE Hunter | Gaijin [60] Human Priest

Al'Akir[EU]
Teepee[24] Tauren Shaman

"Taipan" <empty@blackhole.com> wrote in message
> "C F" <fombynospam@herebellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I have heard rumors, I call them because I cannot confirm, that with the
>> next patch paladins are getting some sort of ranged weapon (other than
>> Linkins Boomerang). Does anyone know anything about this?
>>

> As posted in Paladin forums on WoW US site:
>
> " In the next patch, at level 44 Paladins will have a new spell available
> to them called "Hammer of Wrath". This spell, useable only on wounded
> targets is a ranged attack which does holy damage. This spell is primarily
> designed to give Paladins greater control when fighting enemies which
> choose to flee. "
>
> http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-paladin&T=338065&P=1
>
> Thread is quite long so I'm not sure if they ever disclosed how much
> damage it'll do.

It was about 450-550 dmg I think, uses about the same amount on mana (can't
remember these details very well!) on mobs with 20% health (they always
start to flee at 15% health) It was a 1 sec cast with 6 or 7 sec cooldown I
forget.

A few people complained because it wasn't instant cast. Then some more
people complained, then a few were thankful, then a few more complained
Paladins already have Judgement of Seal of Justice to stop them fleeing
completely, its not very mana efficient but does the job. Or could use

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:25:41 +0100, Fugwump <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> "Taipan" <empty@blackhole.com> wrote in message
> >
> > " In the next patch, at level 44 Paladins will have a new spell available
> > to them called "Hammer of Wrath". This spell, useable only on wounded
> > targets is a ranged attack which does holy damage. This spell is primarily
> > designed to give Paladins greater control when fighting enemies which
> > choose to flee. "
>
> Paladins already have Judgement of Seal of Justice to stop them fleeing
> completely, its not very mana efficient but does the job. Or could use
> Hammer of Justice. Do other classes have comparable spells to stop them
> fleeing?

Hunters can get 'Concussive shot' which usually slows the mob down enough
for my pet to get him and if needs be my next shot usually does them in.

Urbin

--
Urbin (47), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

Urbin wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:25:41 +0100, Fugwump <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>> Paladins already have Judgement of Seal of Justice to stop them fleeing
>> completely, its not very mana efficient but does the job. Or could use
>> Hammer of Justice. Do other classes have comparable spells to stop them
>> fleeing?
>
> Hunters can get 'Concussive shot' which usually slows the mob down enough
> for my pet to get him and if needs be my next shot usually does them in.

Rogues can kidney shot to stun a mob if they have some combo points on
it, and when fighting mobs that we know like to flee, we can use
crippling poison (slows them down severely, and procs often enough that
by the time a mob flees he has almost certainly been poisoned).

Cheers!
David...

Robert S. wrote:
> A Paladin with engineering as a profession can make explosives that can
> be thrown (ranged attack) and stun opponents.

every class can ;-)
Druids r not able to stun / slow the enemy INSIDE.. they can root
outside.
(they can stun with 2 things i think: 1st: Tauren Warstomp (but only
Tauren, and there all classes) and 2nd: in feral tree the talent were u
"run" to enemy (like warrior do).)

I'm pretty sure the Druid Bear Form has a bash that stuns the oppenent.

(And the Tauren Warstomp is a great ability. Shaman, Warrior, and
Druid Tauren, along with a mage and an orc, visited Zul'Farrak. The
three of us landed 3 free stuns a battle with it. Nice passive talent.
What do humans get? The Macarena Dance for the woman, and the "Right
Said Fred" Dance for men? And perception?)